The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of academies are split into five regions of England – London and the South East, the South Coast, the Midlands, the South West and the North.
Each Academy ensures local governance through an Academy Council, whilst national governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of academies in their region.
The job of a Regional Director is to:
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Regional Director for academies within the North East region is Lynne Goodhand.
Lynne Goodhand joined Oasis as the Principal of the new Oasis Academy Watermead, before progressing to Executive Principal of the three academies in Sheffield. Under her leadership Oasis Academy Watermead had the best possible start – Ofsted rating it as ‘Outstanding’ in September 2017, describing the Academy as a ‘special place’ that meets the learning and development needs of its diverse and highly mobile pupil population.
Lynne has over twenty-five years of successful headship experience across six primaries within three local authorities and has been a School Improvement Partner. She has the Professional Qualification for School Inspection (PQSI), is a Local Leader of Education and a Pupil Premium Reviewer.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here.