UNICEF is the world’s leading organisation working for children and their rights. Every child, no matter who they are or where they live, has the right to grow up safe, happy and healthy.
What is a UNICEF UK Rights Respecting Schools Award?
The RRSA is based on the main principles of equality, dignity, respect, non-discrimination and participation. The RRSA seeks to put the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child at the heart of a school’s ethos and culture to improve well-being and develop every child’s talents and abilities to their full potential.
Why is this important?
We have received our Rights Respecting Schools Award at level 1. We are very proud to have got this certificate and will hopefully achieve our Level 2 certificate very soon.
- A group of students will be completing a questionnaire on UNICEF to see what we already know
- A steering group is being created to represent work within the academy. This group will be made up of staff and students.
- There will be information on display boards and in the newsletter about UNICEF and RRSA.
- A child friendly summary of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)will be in every form room by Easter
- Students will receive an assembly giving more information on UNICEF
We will keep you fully posted on all of these exciting developments!